Sunday, November 29, 2015

Such an important piece of paper



Posting this check means for the first time in well over 25 years that I am out of credit card debt. None of this would have happened if not for my Wife, who bailed me out of a terrible financial situation about a decade ago. That was one horrible card from the uncooperative bastards MBNA. The mistakes made, and there were so many, were mine. If this card was not taken care of I would have lost the house and it helped cost me a marriage. Credit card debt is a reminder of bad times.

The other card was local, with a more reasonable rate of interest but the charges were high and more mistakes were made. Then there were some emergency car repairs. It was a good thing we had the card.

For the past couple of years we have been very aggressive in paying this card off and this month brings the balance to zero. I do not care if I'm jinxing my financial situation by even mentioning this. The stress, the mistakes, the utter waste of hundreds if not thousands of dollars to interest - it ends now.

Half my life has been servitude to this. The relief I feel is profound.

No comments: