Wednesday, February 14, 2018

To distract myself from the violence

I first saw this band during Holler last March. A couple of things impressed my about this Columbus band: they write their own songs, play no covers, and they do not suck.

What I thought was missing was one key song. The arrogant A&R guy in my wondered where the hit was.

They're getting closer, a lot closer.



Good stuff here.

In other music news I bought an Ibanez AS73 on eBay a couple of weeks ago on a very good auction win. Took it in to my guitar teacher and he went nuts over the instrument. He was very impressed.

Had my lesson tonight and the luthiers in the shop told me he bought an Ibanez they brought in this week. Not the model I have, but an upgrade. I went to the practice room, saw it on the stand and asked him if I should get a referral fee from Ibanez.

Then we worked on Downtown. Yes, the Petula Clark song.

Had a blast tonight. Needed it.

No comments: