Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Someday I'll Walk Out of Here Again

In just over an hour my son will be in his first Sensory Learning Therapy session. Twelve days of two sessions a day. To say I'm feeling trapped is an understatement. It almost feels like a kill shot, but it's not a last ditch effort. I'm not sure what my expectations for this are, only that I get to foot the bill for it, too.

Sometimes I feel like too much is happening at once, and when my ability to process gets piled upon, my health fails me. It's been a bad few days and I can't leave where I'm at. You have to go to work, pay for the car registration, the mortgage, the stupid credit card, day camp, gas. For the next ten weeks I'm booked solid with getting my son to day camp every morning and work. My PTO is dwindling and I really do not have the freedom to go anywhere. No workshops, no retreats, no travel out of town to concerts.

My bags are packed and I'm stuck in Columbus.

5 comments:

BrownSugar said...

You are not alone. Everyone I know seems to be overwhelmed right now with no viable means of escape. We all have to make the most of our "staycations". Scott and I are planning two more juke joints this summer, so that's something.

Crossing my fingers on the Sensory Therapy. Hoping it helps in wjatever way it can.

Someone Said said...

Thanks. I'm not liking what I'm seeing ahead. If the therapy helps, it helps.

Doesn't help when all the good stuff is held when I have my kid ;)

PurestGreen said...

Sorry to hear things are feeling a bit overwhelming right now. I think it can be harder in summer, because the days are long and the desire is there to get out and travel and explore, but when the funds are not, it can feel like a weight descending. I find if I can get out in nature, even if it is just for a walk, it can help. Hope things improve soon.

Someone Said said...

Thanks. Some days are easier to get out of than others.

marybindc said...

How is the sensory learning going so far?