Friday, March 23, 2012

Watch for my special spring project

April is National Poetry Month and with the advent of blogs and social networking a lot of poets take on writing projects during this month. Many of them attempt to do what is known as a 30/30, thirty poems in thirty days. Then they go to open mics and say this is part of my 30/30 and more than half the audience has no idea what they're talking about because they're not poets.

I've done this in past years, to varying degrees of success. Two years ago I even went with a theme. Wrote thirty poems about autism, since April is also Autism Awareness Month. That was hard, you can go back and see!

Last year I did a musical theme. This year I'm going to give photography a go.



I've lived in Columbus for twenty two years and I'm going to look back on my time here and document some of the infamous places I've been in this city. Homes and haunts, workplaces, scenes of public humiliation and embarrassment along with captures of triumph. A bit of description will accompany each picture. Some of the pictures will be old, some scanned, some in a then and now theme. I thought up a bunch of places and exceeded thirty with little problem. My wife even came up with a few places I forgot about.

This project is on, starting on April first.

No comments: