Sunday, October 21, 2012

Write about it, jinx it

Shared custody means alternating weekends, and this one is mine. He's been a pleasure to be around. Sleeping well, listening, getting out some new (to me, at least) words.

Friday afternoon he turned the light in the dining room on, sat at the table and said, "Hungry." This is a rarity. He ate everything without much dawdling too. In the evening he looked at me, said "Cereal" and went to the table. A definite plus when he shows interest in eating, anything.

Saturday morning I gave him his fruit while I mixed up his cereal. He usually has plenty left before I get it to him. Not so this time, he was done with it. After he ate he ran around the house in an agitated state. Not sure what this boded for his swimming lesson later in the morning.

He's been getting out of the pool early the past few weeks, coming up to us and saying "all done." And he is. You can't get him back in the pool.

This week his instructor used a ball as a motivator, and N. took to it. He followed it all over the pool. What was amazing is that he took it with him when he got out of the pool by the diving boards. He got on the board, threw the ball in and followed it. He had never jumped in the pool from that end without any pushing or prompting. He repeated this quite a few times. So many that I had a chance to shoot this.



He was great at the grocery, grouchy and screamy when I took the iPad from him. Interaction's been tough, but I've been a couch potato most of the weekend anyway. Too much interesting sports on the big screen tv!

Been following some distressing threads on Facebook about a few racial and sexual concerns. Conversations and confrontation that should be had, but it's dangerous seeing the mob enter the scene with their electronic pitchforks and torches. Been tough to watch that this weekend.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I supplied the sangria for the party and when Spike apologized to me in advance for his friend before she arrived, I didn't really know what to think, except that's a really bad idea and someone should tell her that.

I honestly didn't give it another thought because I had to get home to Dad and I never saw her to say anything. When I saw RW's tweet, I immediately texted her and told her I was on my way to get her.

Again, I never saw the costume when I was there the second time. What I did see was everyone in the kitchen singing happy birthday and glancing at me at the front door. I watched Rachel come downstairs in tears where only one person, Ellie, went up to check on her.

The whole night left my heart very heavy and sad for everyone who resides in that house.

Someone Said said...

It's very disturbing. All I can add is what were people thinking?

Thanks for getting her out of there. Unsafe in your own home, no real excuse for that.