Friday, November 27, 2009

Almost made me go, postal

Two weeks ago today I mailed a letter to the UK. Two weeks later, it has not arrived. This past Tuesday, I mailed out the same form, just in case. Wanted to mail it so it would arrive quickly, and so it could be tracked. It would have cost $28.

Thing is, the clerk needed to know the STATE or PROVINCE. There was also a list of Shires. I had no idea where this was going, and the postal code did not provide an answer. I did this a few months ago, when I sent a form overnight, there was no problem. No need for a STATE or PROVINCE. Normally, I give the USPS a pass, my Stepfather worked for them for over thirty years, they fed us. Whatever happened to sending out a letter, putting a damn stamp on it, slapping an air mail sticker on the envelope, and sending it on its way?

Ended up sending it Priority, no tracking. Cost $12. We'll see when it gets there.

It was a good holiday. Went to dinner with friends at a local place. Ate well. Ended up back at their house for a nightcap.



Constant readers and lurkers, that is some fine Whisky.

No much happening today. Should be going to a movie, a couple of errands, no getting into fistfights shopping for three dollar slow cookers.

3 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Ardbeg! Yum! One of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

"No much happening today"

You're starting to sound Scottish!

(nammu)

Someone Said said...

Nae much :)