Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stubs through the years

I've been going to shows for about thirty years now. My first show was on November 28th, 1980 at the Nassau Coliseum. The Cars were the headliner and their opening act was an English combo called XTC. I have no idea where the ticket is, or if I still have it. I've tried to hold on to most of the stubs and hunted around a little this afternoon and did some scanning. Could not find the McCartney ticket from Cincinnati in 1993, it's around somewhere.



Check out the price of that Who ticket!



Top left is a Peter Case/Brenda Kahn show. Underneath that is Elton John. Fifteen bucks for floor seats. Times have changed. Quarterflash opened that show.



A couple of Joe Jackson shows nearly eight years apart. The Fredonia show killed!



That NRBQ in the middle is signed by Terry Adams and Joey Spampinato. My friend Chris interviewed them between shows. Very cool guys. Their other guitarist Al Anderson walked through. That man is huge.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun collection there!

Someone Said said...

Thanks. Not everything but what I could find on the first run through.