Sunday, February 19, 2012

Saturday Vow Met

After driving by it for years and reading very high praise for the goodies we finally went into Pictacia Vera yesterday. It was around lunch, and I played a hunch that they offered lunch along with all their great desserts, and I was right.

You know how when you go to dinner with someone and you order different things and you sometimes silently think you ordered the better food than your companion. Well yesterday it was not me who ordered the better thing, and I was not silent about it!

I ordered a spinach, bacon and egg quiche that came with a side salad. It was good and all, maybe in comparison to what my wife ordered it was a mere sliver of substance. She ordered a baked egg, cheese and tomato dish that looked amazing, and it came with a toasted, sliced croissant with raspberry jam.



Looked very longingly at it the whole time I put various greens splashed with a vinaigrette into my mouth. Damn, she ordered a good thing.

After eating we hit the dessert case and got some macaroons along with a croissant for me in the morning and a slice of ginger cake for her. The Nutella macaroon was better than the passion fruit one. Both quite tasty. The food and desserts are not cheap, nor are they ridiculously over-priced either. You get quality. Consider Pistacia Vera the Jeni's of desserts.

Apologized to the clerk for living here for twenty one years and never once visiting, found out they have only been in that location for five. Will definitely return, and very soon.

2 comments:

That gentleman's lady said...

You are making me hungry! Bacon egg tomato thing sounds really really good

Someone Said said...

You have no idea. Should have gone back yesterday for another one, this time for me!