Sunday, February 5, 2012

A weekend of commerce

We actually had a tax return this year since we were able to claim my son. His mother and I now alternate. It was not a lot, but enough to pay the car insurance, buy some new glasses for my wife and to replace the leaky electric kettle.



We also went to a couple of thrift stores. It had been awhile since I had any luck, still looking for a complete burr grinder, but I did find a Henley shirt and a VCR. Problem with the VCR is hooking it up to the receiver means pulling out wires. Not enough inputs. Oh well.

Walking through the aisles I came across the coats. I was not looking for one, but this one caught my eye. Tried it on and I had to have it. Only seven bucks, a London Fog - I get very brand snobbish in thrift stores.



That's my best Tawny Kitaen.

On the way out my Scottish Wife spotted a tie that looked like one she wore in school as a young lass.

>

The color has a little more purple in it, like a Gryffindor tie. I've seen a picture of my wife in her school outfit when she was about 11. I do not have it to scan.

I'm sorry, where was I?

2 comments:

A said...

Ha, I used to have the same kettle your wife is holding. I had to replace it.

Someone Said said...

How long did it last Agnes?!?