Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One door opens another shuts behind



Today marked my last day posting at another blogging site. Live Journal was a big part of my life for nearly eight years. It's an understatement to say a lot happened in that time, good and bad. I've burnt out with that format, tired of looking at digests of people's tweets that offer no interaction and been noticing my own comment levels dwindling. Paid membership ended and it's a good time to begin fresh here.

A few people have already posted how much I'll be missed. There were even a couple of haiku written in my honor. It's quite touching, honestly. I'm not abandoning the friends I made there. Will still be reading and commenting.

The posting will be here though, and I'm going to (hard as it can be sometimes) limit them to one a day, if that. Having something to talk about is going to be difficult. Some days there may be just an obituary, others a rant about something like Ohio State Hockey.

I forgot where I read this but a blogger once said you should just write about one thing or you'll just limit your audience to a few friends and family if you write all over the map. I'm not so sure about that. Limiting myself to writing about Buster Keaton or Swedish hockey players would suffocate me even more. I have an ego, with varying interests - just like a lot of people. I'm no one special, but I'll try to be entertaining at the least.

So welcome readers old and new. Please comment. Sometimes it gets lonely after typing.

3 comments:

last year's girl said...

I think the rule about only posting on one particular topic is only needed if you're starting a new blog. I figure that we brought our readership with us ;)

Happy new home, officially!

Someone Said said...

I've been established in posting random entries for years now!

Thank you.

BrownSugar said...

Just saying hello to your new home.
*waves*