Friday, December 18, 2009

Long Street, Across from the Lincoln Theater

It was good to get out to a new venue and read some work last night. I've never been to Zanzibar before and had no idea what to expect. It's a rather large and shiny coffee house cafe in the inner city. Kudos to the owners for taking a risk. I hope it pays off for them.

Nick Brown runs a good show. There was a very guitarist playing some tasty licks, open mic was solid with some angry women. There was also a guy who read a narrative that was longer than my set. It should have ended 'Name and Address Withheld by Request.'

Yes, it was like that.

It was late when I got on and part of the crowd had left (including Mr. lengthy narrative - show some respect. We sat though your episode) but I think the remaining audience appreciated my poems.

Set List:
It Was an Old Book
The Future and the Now (An old one I polished up)
Out in the Fresh Air
Nobody's Poet
After Birth
Spam Folder of Love (First time I've read that since the 'incident', always fun!)

Still need to work on my between poem banter and introductions to the poems but I thought it was a solid enough set.

Even had time to work on a couple of new, shorter pieces. I'll see how they look after I decipher my handwriting. Really have not written anything since IWPS, that has to change.

No comments: