Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Trying to be brave, hiding on the couch instead

The day started by messing up my plans for the weekend because my ex did not pay attention to the schedule she agreed to concerning watching our son over winter break. And it was up to me to sort it out, by altering my work schedule. I did not yell, she is not worth it. I am lucky to be in a work situation where there is flexibility, but that capital is not bottomless.



I did calm down after being at work for awhile. Then again, I am getting annoyed at people who who incessantly click 'like' on my Facebook status, no matter what it is. Feel like planting a 'my goldfish died' status update just because I know there are people who will click on like. Pay attention dammit!

Took a half day so I could head to Fado up at Easton to watch the Old Firm match. An impressive crowd of over two dozen showed up at mid-day on a Wednesday to watch the good guys win by a score of one nil. Heard some impressive cursing and serious white on white hatred. No one was stabbed though, and the distributor was giving away free Newcastle Brown Ale, not my brand, but no complaints.

While at Easton I figured I'd take in a movie since I had free time.



Have to say War Horse is one of the most beautifully filmed works of cinema I've seen in some time. The cinematography is breathtaking, the locations picturesque. It's the story of a boy and his horse during World War One. There's a lot of earnestness from the actors, and the script. There's a line from The Last of the Mohicans used which made me nearly groan out loud. Spielberg does not go Saving Private Ryan during the detailed war scenes, he keeps the gore in check while showing us that war is a nasty piece of business. The film is also about the sad advancement of weapons technology. A scene that goes from a cavalry attack to the use of machine guns is horrifying. The horses used are so expressive, they can do comedy next, they can't be worse than Sandler.

It's not Spielberg's greatest work, far from it, but a touching at times story reminiscent of an epic from the 1940's. Again, it's a visual feast.

1 comment:

tiaolou004 said...

Monster Beats the friends who listens to music with the

earphone having this kind of feeling, thought that the Monster

Beats
equipment and lines are one annoying "the Moncler Jackets

", if does not have ear equipment and lines, the Cheap Ralph

Lauren
is one can let the human is true "Cheap

Polo Shirts
" the thing. Along with this idea in consumer community unceasingly Polo Shirts, in nowadays's earphone market also gradually presented the wireless earphone's form. The wireless earphone's appearance, let the

earphone market raise one "the wireless raging tide".