Monday, April 30, 2012

The Last Slice

It's hard to find a local where I live. A place you can walk to and become a regular. Be it a bar, which there are none. A grocery store - there is a sad IGA down the block where a girl got shot in the face a few years ago. The carry out three houses from me does not offer much either, a place for a soda or a 24 ounce can of Genny Cream after mowing the lawn. There used to be a pizza place, The Pizza Chateau, behind the carry out but only an aging sign remains.





These guys are down the road from us. They do not make the best pizza in Columbus, but they make a decent enough pie for me to come here 3-4 times a month. They've been around for years. I call, they know my number and are now asking if I want my pizzas pie cut. I'm East Coast, I hate pizza that comes in squares. They know me now as Pie Cut Plunkett my wife tells me. Been going here for about nine years.

This concludes my April Project of Infamous Places I've been in Columbus. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Normal blogging resumes tomorrow. Thinking about another project, which would digitize some stuff I did in the nineties and put it here. We'll see.

No comments: