Friday, March 29, 2013

Cubicle silence

"How can you laugh when these terrible things are happening around you?" I was asked at work a few days ago.

"Well it's either that, or jail." Was my answer.

When people you love are in the hospital, dealing with death, in relationship woes or have not taken a shit in three days it's stressful. If I was not able to crack wise about it, the alcohol bill would be greater, and my doctor told me to cut my drinking because my blood pressure is high.

I'm grateful that stressors are flipped, it's the other sixteen hours of the day that are freaking me out, not the eight I no longer spend having to deal with the public.

Still, one good martini after my half day of work before vacation is a good idea.

Still, not worrying like Hell while I am out of the country is going to be next to impossible.

No comments: