Monday, June 10, 2013

A great windup

A couple years after my son was born, my mother sent me my old little league uniform with the stipulation that she see him wear it when he was big enough. When his mother moved out of the house, the uniform was "lost" for six years.

Last week the uniform was found and I did not have my son until this morning.



Would have done the shoot outside, but it was pouring rain most of the day. The original cap disintegrated years ago so I had an appropriate hat or two he could wear.



The uniform is flannel and goes back to the mid 1970's. They're not made like that anymore. I wore this, and played ball in the outfit sometime between the ages of eight to eleven. Would have given him my glove, but it's bigger than his head. He's a lefty anyway!



The shirt fit fine, but is missing one button. The pants are a bit short, but he's even thinner than I was and needed a belt.



For some reason I thought I wore number four. Sent my mother the pictures and she was so happy. Grateful to have the uniform back before he grew out of it completely.

No comments: