Saturday, February 15, 2014

One long pair of eyes to see you

Yesterday I went in for my first eye exam in three years. This one went better than last time, when I had an ultrasound done on my right eye. Did get to see the picture again, it was in my chart. My right eye is weakening, but I guess that's what happens with age as the eyes are still healthy, and unusually long, and have some weird pigmentation to them in there.

The student/physician who did my exam was easy on the eyes too, even after dilation.

Took a good six hours after dilation for my eyes to get back to some form of normal. I hate losing control of my eyes like that, they're bad enough without my glasses. Did not drive to the exam, but got a day pass from COTA, who got me where I needed to go with no real difficulty or delay. Even with my shades, the glare from the snow was irritating.

Before my exam, I went into the optometry room where the glasses are sold, and picked out a new pair. This was easier than doing it after the exam, a recommended tip.

Ended up going under budget on the new frames and lenses and gave an online site a try for prescription sunglasses. One site was unable to fill my strong prescription so I tried another. Never did this before and hope I'm not going to be disappointed. I'll know for sure in two to three weeks when both sets of glasses arrive.

No comments: