Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ten poems, thirty minutes

The Third Annual Writers' Block All Nighter fundraiser is happening until 3PM this afternoon at Kafe Kerouac. I read last night and stayed out much later than usual. It's very rare that I get an opportunity to feature, so I was excited to have the work even if there is very little new poetry in me these days. Still trying to process my Mom's death and dealing with poetic bureaucracy has me not liking nor confident of my own place in the art these days. That will change soon enough though.

Found some older work to spice up the more recent poems, and there was one new one which went over well in the nerd category. For posterity here is the set list.

Divorced, with special needs
Gaythiest
Lincoln Tower, the grassy knoll
318 feet from home plate
The Mother and the chapbook
Emaciated compassion
Kabuki condom
All time, none of the time
For British Chris
The wine list of the Overlook Hotel (brand new, uncorked for this reading)

Ended up staying until about 1:30 in the morning, had to stay for Death's set.



Death brought smoke and it was worth losing sleep over.

No comments: