Friday, January 7, 2011

Waiting, immovable

Yesterday I waited all day for a part to be fixed in my car.

After paying for the repair I got in the car and noticed shortly thereafter that there was a noise coming from the area of the repair, and that the brakes were failing.

We were on Dublin Road at the time and managed to pull over to a safe lot. I do not want to think about what could have happened if we had my son with us, or were on a highway.

After waiting an hour for the guy to come and look at the car, a night where the roads were crap due to very icy snow, he showed up and concluded that the wheel bearing he used to fix the old was was faulty.

Four of us crowded into the front of a pickup truck for the ride home. I had to make a couple of phone calls to assure that I would get the car towed to the repair shop.

So, again, like yesterday, I'm waiting for the same damn thing to be fixed, screwing with my work schedule. Looks like my weekend is today and yesterday and this weekend will be spent working. Unless, of course, the car does not get fixed.

No comments: