Monday, September 12, 2011

In fifteen days

I will have a feature reading at Sips Coffeehouse in Mount Vernon, Ohio.

You can find the event link on Facebook HERE!

If you do not have a Facebook account, here's more information.

Ed Plunkett will be a featured poet during this reading, with Special Guest poet Joseph Suarez.

Ed has been reading his work in the Central Ohio region for over five years. He is a member of the Writers' Block Poetry group and represented them in the Individual World Poetry Slam in Berkeley, California in 2009. He has published one chapbook, "Nobody's Poet" and is working on a CD that will be completed by the time 2011 ends. Ed writes about the challenges of raising an autistic child and the lighter and darker sides of life's foibles. A goal of his is to read in all of Ohio's 88 counties. He has a long way to go. Ed lives in Columbus with his wife and son.

Here's what Joe has to say about his craft -

I was introduced to the world of Poetry thru a friend 3 1/2 years ago after being invited to tag along to go to a Wednesday night Poetry Reading at Writers Block. Just 2 weeks following I performed my first piece ever in public at Writers Block during Open Mic; after that I was hooked. Most of my Poetry is based on real life observations and experiences - some funny and some serious. Poetry has been a great outlet for me and has enriched my life in more ways than ever imagined and has been a true Blessing. I have met so many great people thru this experience who have offered their support, many who I call friends. I am a proud father of 5 children and Grandfather of 3 and currently live in Marion, Ohio. Columbus is my hometown.

Starts at 6:30, on 9/27, at Sips Coffeehouse, 101 South Main Street, Mount Vernon, Ohio.

Hope you can show up.

No comments: