Saturday, January 28, 2012

It will arrive

I write in a comfort zone often. I suspect this problem is not unique. A writer can fall into a lack of confidence, and then write about the familiar to at least keep writing.

My pen's fast food is Mad Magazine snark, a bunch of anger, my son's autism and too much autobiography. I'm more than capable of writing outside of those zones, more often than not I look at it afterwards shake my head and move on. Or move back as it were.

In the middle of a piece not quite outside of the zone. Trying to not write a poem that does not have frequent uses of the word "I" is tough for me to do. In a place I know about but do not reside in and am flailing about for an ending. Tried wedging in a fragment I had lying around and that did not work.

This one's going to get finished. I'm not worried, just kicking my own tires.

Thanks to my mom, I downloaded the Proloquo2go app. Have not had much time to work with it, but it does seem easy to use. The trick is to get my son to actually use it appropriately. He loves the iPad, and is more than capable of navigating it, but spends most of his time watching trailers and videos. Often watches the same video on repeat.

We're also taking him to a new doctor concerning his eating. He's 4'3" and weighs 46 pounds. Very thin. We have some ideas and are working on a new approach. It's hard.

No comments: