Monday, January 30, 2012

Windfell

Despite my lack of production in other areas, I got our taxes finished this weekend. For the first time since my divorce I was able to claim my son and therefore received a modest refund. Not a major windfall by any means, but enough to pay for the car insurance and a tea kettle that does not leak.



My wife received some good news, she is now an official permanent resident of the U.S. Her new Green Card came in the mail on Friday and we do not have to worry about anything immigration related for another ten years.



Mere words cannot express my disdain for the above character. I give my son his iPad, he immediately finds videos of her, and watches them over and over. The learned helplessness is overwhelming. The annoying meter, breaks the meter. I know, it's something he gets, but you have not lived until you have heard the words "Bridge, rocks, tall mountain" shouted at 3AM. Try it sometime.

4 comments:

A said...

You got your taxes done, lucky you. I haven't even started...

Someone Said said...

Thanks. Did them online, had to call the I.R.S. for a pin number, but it all ended well. Good luck with yours.

That gentleman's lady said...

Ah as someone who has had immigration be the pain in her hiney since she was 15, I am extremely glad for your wife! And joy at the fact that your tea kettle does not leak x

Someone Said said...

Thanks. The process has been more paperwork and waiting than anything else, with the exception of me checking the wrong box on a form and having to overnight an envelope to London.

Haven't bought the new kettle yet, maybe this weekend. Wait for it :)