Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Day is Watching

Still in the long process of toilet training my son. He’s been using the toilet at school. They have him on a schedule. When he comes home, it’s social hour. Last night however, he finally pooped in there for me. He’s done it a couple times for my Scottish Wife, but not for me. So yay!

At the public library I keep noticing a new person working there and she looks so familiar, but I can’t place where I’ve seen her. This happens to me a lot. My brain is a mess and it’s difficult for me to recognize people out of context. Finally made the connection after checking my books out, she used to work the circulation desk where I work now. Three years later, a trade is made.

Was informed yesterday that I will be auditioning for a spot at the Columbus Arts Festival, it’s an honor. Will be reading for them next month. I have second place to defend.

Tonight it’s another slam qualifier for Nats, been readying myself for this one. Not sure what I’ll be going with but there are a number of ways to go with my work. As long as I do not over think strategy it’s going to be ok. Expect a scorching night of poetry no matter what. People are hungry.

2 comments:

Laughingrat said...

Don't you audition for that every year? :)

Good luck!

Someone Said said...

Yes I do. Made it two out of the three years.

Thanks.