Friday, February 19, 2010

The Teabaggers Have Lost Their Air Force

How many poor people do you know have a pilot's license, let alone their own plane? Very sad incident. His wife and child get to clean up his mess. Selfish man.

Watched a silent called The Crowd last night. It's hailed as one of the best silent dramas. I thought it was a very good one. Beautifully photographed and directed by King Vidor. It shows off New York City in the same light that Woody Allen did in Manhattan. The Crowd is a depiction of being a smaller than small fish in a huge pond. Being a speck in the corporate world and trying to get ahead in it. Struggling to support a family. Had it not been for an amateur and over blown performance by James Murray, the lead actor, I think The Crowd could be a contender for one of the best American films ever made, instead of merely a very good one.



Then there's the story of the death (not death) of Gordon Lightfoot yesterday. I was duped. While I did not purchase any of his music on iTunes or Amazon, I did reserve a copy of Gord's Gold from the library. Hey, If You Can Read My Mind is still a fine song, dead or alive.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Ugh! That song of his. You put Johnny's version of it on one of your end of year cd's and it almost killed me, every single time I heard it.

Beautiful song. Glad he is still with us.

Someone Said said...

Yes, that song.

I'm glad he's still here too, even though it was points off the board for me ;)