Friday, September 3, 2010

Change in the Weather

After many listenings, both at home and in the car, I’ve concluded that Arcade Fire’s latest bores the crap out of me. A big revelation in the grand scheme of things, but there it is. There’s no connection between me and this record. None of the songs move me to do anything but turn them down, or off. Yes, it’s about the boring suburbs and the movement of people and children back to their parents’ homes in times of financial peril. I get that. Does not make me care about the music though.

Weird year, most of the music I’ve bought has been disappointing. The music I’ve found through other means has been more exciting and vibrant. What does that mean?

What I’ve heard from KT Tunstall’s upcoming release has not been great.

Hope this does not bode well for the Belle and Sebastian release in October that I have already preordered.

Shifting to poetry: this Monday the sixth, Labor Day, I will be participating in a poetry slam at the Upper Arlington Arts Festival, which is HERE. It all starts at 2:45PM.

Hope to see you there and have a great weekend.

2 comments:

last year's girl said...

See, the one track I've heard off the new Arcade Fire I actually really liked. But their second had already bored me to the point of disinterest ;)

Someone Said said...

There are about two or three songs I find tolerable, the rest to me is quite uninspiring.