Friday, September 17, 2010

The New Retail God

Spoonful Records came through again, without even asking. The owner posted that he had some new vinyl in, including Mumford & Sons "Sigh No More."



I immediately asked what he was asking for it. He told me, and I said I'd be there in less than an hour.

This is excellent customer service in the age of social media. Odd that the next time I would have been there I was going to ask him if he could get this for me. Knowing a customer needs without asking, that's amazing!

Now I'm on my second spin of this record, and it sounds so much better than on the laptop. The vinyl is thick! The sleeve was shrink wrapped! I think it's the second new vinyl I've purchased in years, the last being Mossy Liquor by Robyn Hitchcock - that would have been 1996,

Going on a bit of a road trip after a half day of work. You kids have a good weekend.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I am loving this store! I have bought more vinyl in the last month than I have in years and I still don;t have a turntable. I got a bit side tracked with out of town trips and being sick. I'm hoping to remedy that this weekend.

Hope you guys had a nice weekend. You were missed Saturday night!

Someone Said said...

Love the place. Brett's a friendly guy, and there's pinball!

Weekend was super fine, sorry to miss the bash.