Saturday, October 2, 2010

Brief Recap

Been a great trip. Car rental, a Hyundai Accent, working out great. Safe trip to Fredonia. Saw a fabulous poetry reading by Cristin O'Keefe Aptowicz, who remembered me and gave me a shout out during her reading!

We were in a lecture hall that I have not sat in since 1987, it has not changed. Then had a late dinner with a friend at BJ's. the wings were better than I expected.

Had a tour of Buffalo yesterday morning, nice beverage at The Spot then Premier. Spotted some Irn-Bru, showed the can to my Scottish Wife, who raced down the aisle, as if magnetized!

Later, my respect for the kimmelweck roll was increased as I had beef on weck at Schwabl's. I'm still not thrilled by all the salt.

Returned to Fredonia and ran into the past. It was, like the wings on Friday, better than expected. No drama, but good reconnecting. The music at BJ's was too loud so I was outside talking about politics and Scotland. My wife has been wonderful and made a few friends herself.

At The White Inn, two people told me I was famous, had a drink bought for me by an old housemate, missed a group bird flipping photo.

All good, except for the 2AM migraine, from which I have recovered.

2 comments:

marybindc said...

I tried to like the kimmelweck but... it wasn't for me. The salt was part of that.

Someone Said said...

The salt has always been a bit much for me too Mary. It was not over done on the bun and the cocktail did not hurt matters either.

and walter, thanks for the spam.