Monday, October 4, 2010

Make me dance I want to surrender

Survived the weekend festivities. While driving into Fredonia on Saturday afternoon I heard two friends on the campus station. The alumni took over the radio for the weekend in hour shifts. I was asked, but declined.

When I got there though, my friend Chris asked if I'd join him as he did not want to be alone. He did not have to ask twice.

With Mike as our board operator and Chris' iPod as our record library we did an hour of live, unrehearsed radio and have a freaking blast doing it. I read the weather forecast for the first time in over twenty tears, talked about bagging an elk on Center Street. All was right in the world. It felt great to be back on the air. No one could afford my services now though, but Chris and I should consider a podcast.

Finally got to see a show at the renovated Opera House, Dan Berggren did an hour set in a beautiful theater.

Then it was over to BJ's for the shenanigans. 600 wings were devoured by starving alumni. There was live music and flashbulbs. Felt like a pinball bouncing around between people. Pheromones and dollar well drinks filled the air. My Scottish Wife had a good time and talked to a few people too. She was amazed that the bartender gave her a free coke with her drink.

After the music was over, I stood on the stage and took pictures of the crowd. I was joined by Sue, and as she and I talked a crowd gathered around us for a group shot. The price of fame I suppose.

Had to leave early to drive back to Buffalo in a pissing down rainstorm. Stayed sober and responsible. No drama, no first wife showed up.

Drove home yesterday in more heavy rain. Still made it home in excellent time. Been listening to the new Belle and Sebastian record, it helps to have connections as it's not being released until next week.

Typing this on a borrowed net book, still trying to decide on a permanent home computer situation. We have a couple of weeks to decide. Have nowhere to upload pictures to yet, but have a few to share. I look very odd in the pictures I've seen of me from this weekend.

4 comments:

Gregg Prince said...

That look is happiness Ed. It looks good on you ;-)

Someone Said said...

Happiness? What is that ;)

I look drunk, and I wasn't!

Thanks again for your basement Gregg.

Mike Matthys said...

You and Chris sounded great on the air, Ed! Sorry I didn't get to chat with you very much...I did get to chat with your lovely wife, however! Greg is right...you look happy.

Someone Said said...

Thanks Mike. So many people were around, it was hard to talk to anyone for more than a few minutes.