Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tell Me Something New

Been mining the moleskine the past few days. Got a couple of poems out of it and found a few others I have not read anywhere. Some are better than others. What's newer is better, including the one I started at the writing group on Sunday.

Been also doing some online research about another poem I'm working on. Searched for a few dozen articles, interviews and other credible sources. Trying not to come off half assed. Looking for facts amid the poetic license. Wrote up a draft while my son had vision therapy. Had a pile of lines that had no shape, found a beginning and an end. It's a bit different than what I usually do. Not related to autism either, a bit of history and fist shaking.

Going to shake some rust off tomorrow night at open mic and Friday at First Draft.

The macbook is in the shop, should have it back in less than a week with a new hard drive. The old drive is dead and I doubt anything can be saved from it. The backup was a pain to use so I have no idea if there's anything to retrieve. Not sure it's hit me yet.

No comments: