Thursday, August 9, 2012

There will be a music stand

There is news. I am the Chair of the Poetry Committee for the Columbus Arts Festival.



What does this mean?

I will be programming the Word is Art Stage in June 2013. Poetry, spoken word, stand up emotion, for a potential audience of at least 500,000 humans - or ones that walk by the stage.

So much has changed in six years. I've gone from being a shaky reader in open mic, to steering a committee of people to get quality poetry performed in Columbus. We're going to make this work and work well.

There are ideas. The people above me and I met for dinner last night. I told them my ideas, they did not laugh me out of the restaurant.

This city has so many great poets and poetry groups, it's time to reach out and get them onstage to promote themselves and all the good words and works that Columbus has to offer.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

last year's girl said...

This is so, so amazing. I'm thrilled for you.

Someone Said said...

Thanks Lis, quite the honor and challenge.

As a friend said, "you totally deserve the extra work without pay and unsolicited scrutiny the title demands."

A said...

Oh wow -- congrats. I'm excited for you!

Someone Said said...

Thanks, I'm looking forward to all of it.