Monday, May 19, 2014

Now if he'd get some sleep

My son has been sick with a cold all weekend and did not go to school today. When I picked him up from his mother's he looked tired, and was all red under his nose from where he has been rubbing it. He was not happy when I pulled into my driveway, would not go in the house. Eventually, since there was no reasoning with him, he was carried in. His schedule is out of whack, and I'm the uncool parent. He threw a decent tantrum.

His mother told me he was not eating but he did eat dinner but would not drink any milk. We did not force it. A couple of hours later he had some yogurt and he was in the kitchen when I heard him banging around. Then he came into the living room and looked at me as if he had something to say. Nothing new, this happens a lot. But I asked him what he wanted and he said, "Milk." Went into the kitchen and he already pulled out his cup from the drainer next to the sink. And he chugged it.

No comments: