Sunday, April 5, 2009

As winter returns to Ohio

All weekend I've been out of synch. Been flying all over the place, eating junk, not sleeping near enough. There's too much on my mind and it's not settling well inside me. Did manage to clean out a bunch of junk and garbage, there's still a long way to go.

In better news Scott Woods successfully completed his fourth consecutive 24 hour poetry marathon. Well done!



Managed to watch one film. Bottle Shock is based on a true story. A now famous wine tasting in 1976 that pitted the best that France had to offer vs. the best of the United States. The tasting was done blind and the American wines placed ahead of the French counterparts. This event put U.S. wine on the world map.

Alan Rickman was wonderful as Steven Spurrier, the British wine shop owner who sponsored the tasting.



It also starred Bill Pullman and Eliza Dushku, who was not in the film near enough, for many reasons.



While walking down the parking lot to work last week I heard the sound of geese honking. Not unusual, but I did not see any flying overhead. I'm not sure I've ever seen geese on a roof before, but there they were.



I also think they were taunting me.

No comments: