Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When the wrong poem is the wrong poem

It was another great night of poetry at Writer's Block. After a short, but healthy, open mic - nine poets were competing in the slam.

I drew sixth, which was a good spot for me.

Read that angry poem I mentioned a few days ago. Had some good fury going. Messed up a line or two but still finished in second for the round, which meant I went second, after Vernell in round two.

I had a couple of poems on my side board to choose from. Both new, one never read. I mistakenly went for the topical Talking Swine Flu Blues.

It went over like Greg Norman at the 1996 Masters.



I fell from second place to sixth. Must stop over analyzing and go with what I had this morning, before I had the bad idea this afternoon. Live and learn, again.

Congratulations to Vernell, who won. Scott came in second. Louise and Rachel W. tied for third. It was Rachel's first slam!

Next slam is on May 20th. The Grand Slam, for Nats is May 27th. May is going to be a crazy month.

No comments: