Sunday, August 23, 2009

She liked her outfit

What I remember more than the sangria we drank was the arm wrestling. It got very Hemingway during the first Sangria Throw Down, and the competition was not what you would ordinarily think.



I'm not going to reveal the result, but the match went on so long, it wore out my batteries.

After the throw down, it was time to head up the avenue to the Gala opening of the Thompson Library. The special collections gallery was open, and while my Scottish Wife was introducing herself to old people, I was looking for the Nina in the Hirshfeld drawing.



We headed up to the 11th floor, which has been lovingly turned into a beautiful reading area with a fabulous view of campus.



We walked around a bit more and mingled. I found the former Library Director and said that his daughters were at the Sangria Throw Down. Ok, I did not say that, but they were there.

It was a hectic but fun Saturday, and I did not realize my favorite sangria had a bottle of cognac it it. No wonder it made me feel so shadowy.



My wife has been painting the kitchen this weekend. All I've had to do is move a few appliances. It looks great, but not as great as she did at the place that had some nasty burnt coffee.



I'm a lucky man.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

She looked lovely and so did her girls. ;-)

marybindc said...

Looking for Nina in the Hirshfelds is a fun pastime. Sounds like some kind of euphemism actually, like finding a needle in a haystack.