Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vampires do not make out

I'm waiting for the Arsenal Soccer team to come over from London, play the Crew, and beat them. Then, to increase my sports discomfort due to constant loss, they could play the Blue Jackets, and beat them. Then the Bills. I'd say The Mets, but everyone's been beating them lately.

Arsene Wenger has the Gunners playing well out of the gate.



They trounced Everton on Saturday and dealt a brutal loss to Celtic in the Champions League qualifier. I do not dislike Arsenal. May have become a supporter, but that was too easy with the Nick Hornby connection. So I chose Everton, the red headed stepchild of Liverpool. The team of the street.

I've been writing, for slam and myself. Slam's been going well. I'm competing and slowly putting it together. Been working on the IWPS slam qualifying and I'm on the bubble for the slam on next Wednesday. I may get in, may not. I've been having fun with it this year ever since the incident earlier this year.

Watched Twilight earlier. It was not a horrible mess but very poorly acted. I have not read the book but I'm not impressed with what the author did with the vampire canon. Vampires are not pretty. The thirst for human blood does not involve glittery skin in the sunlight. But it's safe for the kids I guess. You can market safe vampires these days. It makes Edward as scary as Elmo, because that heinous muppet is a monster too.

2 comments:

marybindc said...

I watched the first 60 minutes of the Everton game before we went to United/Toronto. I thought of you, figured you were not having a good morning.

Someone Said said...

I shut it off and was much happier. Arsenal were tearing them apart on every level. They started out awful last season too and finished well, so maybe that'll happen again. They're due to get some key players back soon from injury, sign one or two players also. I'm not too worried.