Monday, August 31, 2009

Worn out by energy

Found myself watching Forgetting Sarah Marshall yesterday. Rooted for Russell Brand's character. I do not see films the way most people do. None of the main characters deserved a relationship. With anyone. Heck, I even mistook Paul Rudd for Dane Cook.

It's weird seeing a comment thread on Facebook with one of your friends and someone who has blocked you from seeing them. Yes, one sided.

My son seems to think six hours of sleep is enough. Yesterday he was up at 6:30 and babbled and bounced his way around for about nine hours before he needed a nap, which was two hours later than mine.

3 comments:

James said...

Ed - watching that film, I felt bad for Sarah Marshall (Kristen Bell). She leaves the guy for legitimate reasons (he can't or won't grow up), and at the end of the film

SPOILER


he abandons her and she disappears from the film. You don't find out what happens to her after that (the "animal psychic" parody doesn't count, although I thought it was pretty funny). The movie is more of a male fantasy than a truthful look at relationships, and I was kind of stunned it got as much free press as it did.

James said...

er, good press, I meant.

Someone Said said...

Brand's character was the only one whose motives were revealed openly. You knew where he was coming from. Everyone else was driven by their own hidden, selfish desires.

Ok, this piece of cinema really is not work picking apart ;)