Saturday, August 1, 2009

I drank the cold white wine and it was good

Frustrating morning. We took my son to swimming only to find out it had been canceled because there were no lifeguards on duty. I was a bit irritated because I was not called beforehand and had to deal with some very stupid traffic on Harrisburg Pike. I did not sign my son up for the lessons, so the phone number was his mother's. I still do not know why no one at the Y did not contact her. Then again, I'm not sure if the number she game them is a valid one. This is two weeks in a row he's missed swimming, last week his mother overslept, and left it for me to find out why he was not there.



Last night we went to an art exhibit at Wild Goose Creative. My friend Scott Woods had his first exhibit ever. His work is very contemporary and accessible. From Cthulhu's Snow Day to Hanging Art.



There's something for everyone. I was quite impressed with Hanging Art. It's a strong departure from the work of Scott's I've seen.

We brought my son out also and he did quite well in a crowd. He walked the walls a bit, then settled down front with a lollipop. He sat on the end of a couch where two other people were talking and kind of sort of stayed by a few other kids.

Felt like crap all day but still managed to take the car to have the oil changed and head up to Trader Joe's. I'm hooked on the Vinho Verde, but did not have any today.

No comments: