Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Altering Names a Little

My wife and I were out eating at a place not unlike Minelli's on the west side of Columbus. Then another couple came in. It was the woman in my workplace who looks like my wife and a person who lived in Fredonia who I will call Mickey Dead. I know I raised my beer glass to them, but that's all I raised. After we left I mentioned having to go to Buffalo the next morning.

Fast forward to the next night and I was in Dayton in some sort of bar/carry out place and there was a poetry slam. Link and Fred were there messing around in the background. There was an internet computer in the bar and I was unable to access gmail on it. I know I was in the slam but had no idea how I did as I was too busy watching bums try to steal bottles of Real Sangria by shoving them down the front of their pants.



Not an easy feat with the bottles being rather tall.

The next morning I was driving a Columbus poet who shall be initialed A.A. to his car. Somehow he ended up taking off in my car. As he was leaving my son tried to escape by attempting to climb out through the open sunroof. Yes, it was scary. Or a wild goose chase.

No comments: