Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Before the Kid Wakes Up

Even when we tried to not win Pub Quiz last night we still ended up winning. It was a fun night. The last night of the cycle so the place was packed. The night was also delayed by a table of about twenty old women who all had dessert and lingered so the room was not available for at least an hour.

Which gave me time to watch the Blue Jackets play horribly at St. Louis for the first period as they lost another one. Since November first, the team has only scored more than three goals six times. The offense is stinking up the rink and the coaching staff is clueless.

Not sure if I've written anything worthwhile in the past few weeks, maybe I'll find out tonight at Writers' Block.

Met the new library director yesterday. She spoke of strategic initiatives. As long as none of them involve Jack Welch I'll be ok with them. I do not write about work much because there's not much to write about. As of last week I've been there three years. Can you beleive it? So much has changed.

I have been handling some stray materials, some of them pretty old, from the mid to late 1800's - and that freaks me out in a I do not want to sneeze or spill my drink on them way. Not that I'm dealing with priceless folios, but an it's really old, obscure so do not ruin it thing. It can be challenging, and it squeezes my brain in ways working the circulation desk never could.

As always: best of all - no fine disputes.

2 comments:

teamtim said...

Where do you do Pub Trivia. I'm interested in how the "cycle" is set up.

Thanks!

Someone Said said...

I go to Claddagah. It was a ten week session. Starts up again on 2/2.