Saturday, January 2, 2010

Best Day of 2010 Yet!

Had to make a grocery run in the morning chill. Ended up adding a 12 pack of Genesse Cream Ale to the cart. Ah yes, buying Genny Cream at 9:30 in the morning, just like the olde days! No one said anything, at least in front of me. Have not opened any yet. Really.

Frustrated at the lack of a link to the Everton/Carlile FA Cup match, but I'm over it. Old Firm match tomorrow morning at 7:30. Wonder if I'll be awake for it.

Trying to do better at dealing with people who are message board bad asses. It must be so self gratifying to type in the words 'you fail' at multiple opportunities. Otherwise, why else would they do it so often? These keyboard warriors who have nothing to offer but insults and walls. A sad behavior that is becoming easier and easier to ignore.

The second part of Dr. Who is on in the U.S. tonight. Been reading some chatter. Some are ok with it, some are spitting mad. As in, writing in all caps for subject headers in blog posts and Facebook status entry angry! I'm not sure if I ever took television so seriously. Maybe for a brief, weird, time with MST3K? Some people out there take it way too personally, as if Russell Davies (along with J.K. Rowling and many others) writes the way he does just to annoy one specific watcher of the program. My wife tries to compare it with my sports obsessions but I already know the Bills suck, and it has nothing to do with me!

194 blog posts in 2009. I'm ok with that. Just under four a week. Are you ok with that?

This tree, that is taking up a third of the living room, has to go down today.

2 comments:

last year's girl said...

I'll be working through the game tomorrow, as will my Rangers-supporting manager. We have promised that we won't let it come between us, whatever the result.

Someone Said said...

The pre-game respect is encouraging, hope it lasts through three tomorrow afternoon ;)