Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday, and There was Snow in March

Slam is being a cruel bitch, and I feel fine. Have not made it into the second round in the last two slams. I blame better poets, damn them.

All that's left in my bouncy ball brackets are my employer's team and Duke, who I picked to go to the final game.



Watched The Reader last night. Could have used some editing as it dragged in spots. Good performances by the leads. Kate Winslet is naked, a lot.



Everton has been on a roll. Beat Man. City soundly on Wednesday. Arteta's back. Jagielka has been a beast on defense and David Moyes would have kicked Mancini's arse in. Is it too late to get into the top six? Who knows?

Celtic sacked Tony Mowbray. Good riddance to a horrible manager.

This is quite possibly the only blog post in the history of the universe to have pictures of Phil Jagielka and Kate Winslet, separately.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I waited awhile to watch The Reader myself and I went in with no expectations. Kate has always impressed me, but I ate up her performance in this film. At times I was squirming in my seat, I felt so uncomfortable for her.

I also became a fan of David Kross, although I can't seem to locate any of his films to continue my obsession.

She was naked a lot.

Someone Said said...

She was great in a mostly unsympathetic role.

Kross has not been in many films, The Reader was his first English role, and he had to learn the language.

Naked Kate is always a good thing!