Thursday, August 12, 2010

Look at the Lines

The new lenses arrived yesterday. Immediately on fitting I noticed the bifocals, unlike the last lenses I had which were supposed to be bifocals. Not sure if the last prescription I had was incorrect or if there was a screw up at the lab, but something was not right with the last lenses.

New ones are taking a bit of getting used to, but reading is easier now.

My son was looking at one of his picture books a couple of nights ago. He turns the pages fast so it's tough to interact with him. I was asking him what some of the pictures were and he named a few that surprised me. He said words I'd never heard him say, and have no idea where he picked them up.

His vision therapy seems to be going well. His therapist noticed some continued eye contact and excellent following of directions during the last session. It's not hurting him. He also seems a lot calmer and has fewer meltdowns. Good things regardless.

Still trying to form an opinion of the new Arcade Fire album. If I have to think about it so much, what does that say?

This is not an indictment but an observation. Only three posts from Live Journal in the last eighteen hours, and one of them was a digest of tweets.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

I've never understood the daily tweet dump to LJ. My tweets do crosspost to my FB status, but it seems lazy to have them serve as a blog post. I think of LJ more like a daily diary and FB as a place for quick updates for the folks who don't follow my Twitter.

Hooray for new words as long as they aren't "blue".

Someone Said said...

The tweet dump is very dtrange. Fine, if you want to archive. I do go back and look at posts, but to look up your tweetput? Uh...

He did say rainbow :)