Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Road Loss

Writing Wrongs Face Off Slam had me going up againt Izetta in a three round slam. Izetta won the confusing match of Rock, Paper, Scissors and, surprisingly, chose to go first.

She did some good new work, including a piece about Jesus' Twitter page. You know a poem about Jesus, and Twitter is going to please the crowd.

I brought three new ones to the night. One of them being a villain poem inspired by and written during the Encyclopedia Show a few weeks ago. Also did another poem from the ongoing autism series.

The first poem was problematic. A day old deception of being stalked by a rock band. Think that one has to go back to the lab.

There were three judges, and a simple scoring system. Which poet did they like in the round. The poet with the most votes wins. I had four to Izetta's five votes and there was your finish. It could have gone either way.

Thanks again to Will Evans for inviting me to take part in his night. Thanks also to my wife for letting me go out on a school night. Had a great time.

No comments: