Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Number Five, Number Five

It is an anniversary today.



Tonight is my fifth year being a part of Writers' Block. It took a couple of years for me to finally get up the nerve to read poetry, my own poetry, onstage.

So on March 2nd, 2006 I went to the Columbus Music Hall and did it.

Life has not been the same since. There have been so many changes, so much drama that has calmed down and WB saw a lot of the good and the bad of those episodes.

Who knew I'd be going to Berkeley as the IWPS rep back in 2009? Not me.

Who knew I'd be doing features, slams, appearances around the county and coming in second place at the Columbus Arts Festival? Not me.

Unfortunately I'm really sick today and am most likely not going to make it out tonight. Wanted to give an electronic thanks to all of you from my deathbed.

Especially you.

See you at Barley's next week as the Women of the World Poetry Slam returns to Columbus.

2 comments:

BrownSugar said...

Hooray for five years of poetry Ed! Sorry you're feeling poorly.

I just dug back through my LJ and determined that my first night there was Feb. 16, 2006.

Feel better by next week!

Someone Said said...

Just two weeks before me? Always thought you were there for longer.