Monday, March 21, 2011

The Schedule in My Head

Probably looking too far ahead, and thinking way too much, but that's how my brain is working this morning.

As it already was, even if I got on the WB Nats team, I could not go due to my son's day camp in the summer. It's more of less impossible for me to do this right now.

Looking at IWPS. I'm going to be out of the country for the last week of qualifying and am arriving back in Columbus (a scheduled arrival at that!) at 6:15 the night of the Grand Slam. Even if a miracle happened and I was the WB representative I doubt I could manage taking the time off to even get to Cleveland after not working for about three weeks in late August/September.

All of this assumes I get enough points to qualify. You all know how assumption works.

Plus, if that was not enough, I'll be out of the country on Labor Day and will not be at the Upper Arlington Arts Festival.

In spite of all this, there's going to be fun on stage this spring and summer.

A couple of people recently asked about songs for children that are not child songs, as well as influences on current artists like Lady Gaga. Somehow Nina Hagen entered my head. I do not know much about her other than she was riding high on the punk wave in the late 70's and became a bit more a an outsider artist during the eighties and forward. She has range, depth and is full of surprises.



I'd like to see Rebecca Black take that on.

She's quite adept at covers.



At 55, she's still out there. She has had a bit of a recent religious conversion.



I love the reaction shots of the girls in the audience. A combination of WTF and this is awesome. Katy Perry got her wardrobe from Nina Hagen.

No comments: