Friday, March 18, 2011

Wet Feet on Chambers Street

Edited a six minute poem to three while following my southeast brackets complete destruction last night.

Michigan State ran out of time after falling way behind and St. John's - all I can say is that a team I picked for the final four is out.

Shame and failure after picking both Morehead State and Richmond.

We'll see how the poem goes, better than the brackets please.

Yesterday was a series of anniversaries. Ice sculpture hatred. Wedding excess craziness. New York craziness.

It's also the day of a storm, a snowplow racing down a street causing Brooklyn valets to run for cover and scream about a 'tsunami of snow!'

I took a cab in the snow to the train station, and waited with others for nearly an hour, maybe more. It was cold and I had no bearings in the half foot of snow that had fallen. I asked for directions at a bodega and discovered I'd walked past the place.

I've been there ever since.

No comments: