Friday, September 25, 2009

Avoidance

Doing my best not being a keyboard warrior. Not going to get into a facebook argument of snark and links from All Quiet on the Western Front or Dr. Strangelove.

There, I feel better already.

Remembering what the ceiling fan did to my head, years ago. I was standing on the bed and stupidly leaned into it. One of the blades (why, yes, it was in motion) conked me on the head and I fell on to the bed. It got me good, I was cut, dazed and more than a bit embarrassed. That's when my ex started freaking out. Had to reassure her and restore her, despite the blood, pain and almost being knocked out I was the one doing the comforting. Had to be the one to man up, lick my own wounds and press forward, for six years.

Maybe I'll just hate on Jeff Lynne instead.

I give you an example of why I think he's a hack who ruins careers.

Dave Edmunds, before he met Jeff Lynne.

Dave Edmunds, after

Who would have made a better Wilbury, Jeff Lynne or Eric Clapton?

Even George Harrison, on his death bed, asked Jeff Lynne not to ruin his last record with over produced synthesizers, over processed drums and unnecessary strings. Jeff Lynne did not listen, letting his ego getting in the way of his friend's wishes. George heard the critics rip apart the sound of Got My Mind Set on You and did not want a repeat.

Instead, we got Brainwashed.

Not going to complain about the lack of comments here, yet. I know someone is reading this!

4 comments:

mike said...

I was going to say "Traveling Wilburys" until I read about the George Harrison deathbed plea.

I guess his job since ELO has been "can I please come over and fuck up your project?"

Someone Said said...

I'm trying to find a link to the deathbed plea, really think I read it someplace.

He hasn't been good for Tom Petty either, and he likes to handle dead musicians works. He creeps me out.

BrownSugar said...

Eric Clapton hands down!

Although I love me some ELO.

Someone Said said...

There are three, maybe five, ELO songs I can tolerate.

Dude just rubs me the wrong way.

Bad touch!

On the ears.