Sunday, September 20, 2009

No Sports Mentioned

Did a decent job of hosting First Draft on Friday night. It was my first time on a mic in a prominent position in I don't remember how long, and this was without a script. I've always needed direction, it's tough for me to wing it. No one asked for their three bucks back, probably because Vernell did such a great feature that was worth far more than three dollars.

Something I really noticed, and it's been mentioned before by others before so it's far from a new concern, is poets who leave after reading their work. Friday was a two hour show. A feature then fourteen poets. I know people have other commitments on a Friday night, or get tired. There's also the poet who bring a few friends and family with them then they all leave once the poet has read. Still, it became apparent to me that there are poets who leave right after they go on stage. It's really not fair to the other poets who heard your work, and are waiting do to their work. Not anything that is going to be solved, but something I needed to say.



That's from the Upper Arlington Arts Fest slam. The one I won. Just downloaded a bunch of pictures last night.

Got to start cramming for IWPS soon. Am most likely reading off paper. There's a difficult connection between my brain, my arm, and the paper that is not encouraging memorization. Still time to donate to the cause also. Poets need food.



My son is back at swimming lessons. His instructors are trying to get him to jump in but he's psyching them out by sitting at the moment he should be leaping into the water. So they were tossing him in, and he loved that!

We're taking him in for evaluation at the Nisonger Center at OSU on the first for reevaluation. Maybe we can hear some new things. We've been waiting over a year for this appointment.



Scottish Wife with the Weiner Mobile.



Blogger with the same.

My sweet ride has a first name
It's W-E-I-N-E-R
My sweet ride has a second name
It's M-O-B-I-L-E
I love to drive it everyday
and hear the passersby all say
HOLY %^&$ IT"S THE WEINER MOBILE!

Have a good day averyone.

No comments: