Monday, September 21, 2009

You are men?

Have not really said much about the Beatles remasters. At this time, what I will say is that I have what I wanted, and I like what I've heard. The mixes have some punched up bass and a clarity revealed that was not in the previous cds. What the engineers could not improve was left alone. Abbey Road sounds absolutely exquisite. I'm not going to detail the minutia in the stereo and mono mixes here, but there's plenty of material on that in other media and blogs.

Helped a friend move yesterday. Figures the one day it rains in the last two weeks and we get to lug someone elses belongings in it. Could have been worse. I'm feeling the effects of laboring today, as there were only two men to lift a sofa, washer and dryer. No one was injured although one of us got quite damp dealing with a washer hose and nearly busted a hand after said washer nearly fell on it.

Scottish Wife now has her social security card, I'm sure we'll be hearing about the status interview soon!

From the small world department: We went to a birthday party Saturday night and were introduced to a woman who lived in the UK for several years. We talked about immigration and she told us about her now ex husband and how well he's fit into American life by getting involved with the Columbus Crew and also getting their young son involved. I asked her son's name and she told me. I've met them, at Columbus Crew functions and even took their picture.

Even watched a bit of soccer yesterday. A live link for the Celtic/Hearts match provided some fine drama as Loovens scored in extra time to give the Hoops the win. Later, I avoided all websites and updates and watched Everton/Blackburn on delay and was rewarded with a 3-0 Everton victory. Saha scored a brace, the defense rallied and tightened up despite the loss of Phil Neville. Upswing!

I did miss the Crew tie to Chicago entirely, as well as the Bills win.

Coming down to the final two weeks before IWPS. Time to start cramming. There's still time for you to DONATE.

Many thanks if you have!

No comments: