Monday, September 14, 2009

It's Too Late

An hour flew by yesterday when I was interviewed by Miss J. on Speaking of Poetry. We talked about slam, IWPS, influences. Thought it went well. I read four poems: After Birth, My Thunder, Nobody's Poet and Isotopes of Despair.

Miss J. also asked me if I'd fill in this Friday to host Writer's Block First Draft.

Sure why not? So come see me emcee this Friday at Kafe Kerouac at 8PM. Admission is only three bucks.



Jim Carroll died on Friday. He was best known to me for the album Catholic Boy and the song People Who Died. For others it was his book The Basketball Diaries and the movie of the same name. I read the book years ago and remember it as a rather decadent look at metro New York, and it was very intense. He was sixty years old. I saw a picture of him taken two years ago and he looked ready to die then. He was said to have been working on a novel at the time of this death, wonder if it will be published?

No comments: