Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Push the button Frank

We've been paying attention to the skill cranes when leaving the grocery store for about a year now. First it was to try and win a FC Barcelona pillow for a friend, then it got much worse.



My Scottish Wife, she wanted a frog.



So after shopping we'd always look in the skill crane to see if there was a frog in there. Then we'd decide if trying for it would be worth the fifty cents. Usually we'd try anyway, only to have the claws of the crane go weakly toward the frog then clamp shut, leaving us out another four bits.

After getting my son some lollipops at the Chambers Road Kroger, I noticed the skill crane. Peering inside I saw several frogs, including one in the far right corner that looked right for the plucking.

I reached into my pocket for two quarters, pushed the handle and saw the crane go all the way back. Then pushed the handle to the right until it went no further.

I pressed the button. The crane went down.



The claws went around the frog, lifted it out of the pile and dropped it inside the slot. This was the first time I had ever won on one of those things. Darn near did a happy dance in the store, but instead put the frog in the bag with the lollipops and strutted to the car.

2 comments:

James said...

All I can think of is the scene from -Toy Story- with that type of machine.

"Ooooh! The claw!"

"Let me go, you zealots!"

Someone Said said...

Yes, but I got a frog instead of some alien thingy :)